Friday, July 31, 2009

Down But Not Out!

So quite a week since the crash last Sunday. I must reiterate what an awesome group of people that are my fellow participants, the ride leaders, SAG support, and CAF staff. Everyone has been incredibly caring and supportive and gone way beyond expectations and there's no way I can publicly thanks all of group enough.

Next step for me is surgery Tuesday morning which will allow me to get back on the bike more quickly and keep the QMDC ride alive for me as a participant and I suppose, as someone who will be overcoming quite the challenge to just recover in time to complete the ride. In addition, I am not backing down from the contest as well and have no plans to drop away. This is just an even greater opportunity to share more about CAF and QMDC throughout the recovery and interactions with the medical community. As it is I have already got my Orthopaedic Surgeon interested in the ride (he happens to dabble in triathlon).

I will be back riding with the group ASAP and will do what support I can in the interim coordinating some joint fundraising opportunities. Thanks for all the great support!

Keep Riding and Keep Smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment