Friday, September 11, 2009

Another week survived and a huge week 16 ride coming!

Another crazy week and one step closer to this incredible event riding over 600 miles down the coast for the Challenged Athletes Foundation. That's right, down to the fab five contestants and I'm still here. Tough week with Joy's dog passing, Joe getting cut, and personally I'm fighting a bit of illness. It reminded me of what a priviledge it has been to be part of this thing and I owe all the thanks to XX1090 and Scott & BR because without being a Team 1090 member I would have never known about it.... THANKS!!!

Tomorrow we head off for back to back century rides or, per the route, roughly 207 miles of riding. For many it will be the first time they have ridden consecutive centuries. I look at this weekend as a challenge to gauge my physical comeback from the surgery now 6 weeks post-op as well as to support all those who are less experienced in this type of effort.

All the training has really paid off and the ride leaders and QMDC event organizers have done a phenomenal job making this part seem so easy. This has given us riders the ability to focus on spreading the word of CAF's mission and support XX1090 and the Scott & BR show. Last week while traveling in San Francisco on business I worked to drum up support for a start sendoff from some locals. Good news is I got donations for CAF and will continue to work on more local San Francisco support.

I'll report after the weekend's 12 hours on the bike. Please get involved and keep riding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment